Monday, May 31, 2010

Holding on by a thread




I am sure everyone who reads this blog knows that Tabitha made her grand enterance on May 13th. Everything is good...except that I am sort of reeling through space having a hard time differentiating between crashing hormone levels, new emotions, and sleep deprevation. I want to blog about Tabby's birth and what I thought about the whole midwife experience. That will come, but right now I can barely type this mundane paragraph without tears ( I am going to chalk that up to hormones). So here is something I read today on Girl's Gone Child. It really struck a chord within, because I feel this way right now.

We're so afraid of thinking small - pushing ourselves instead toward lottery jackpots and drastic measures for change when on a personal level, it seems to me that time means more to happiness than anything. Every day we become a little more interesting. A little more balanced. A little more successful in our ability to understand and know and care and love and come to conclusions about things. - GGC.

Also...some pictures of the newest addition. She is super cuddly, the kind of cuddly that is hard to put down, but my favorite is when she looks at me.


4 comments:

Sherry Caffey said...

That is one precious baby, even if I do say so myself. You are doing a great job. Be easy on yourself and don't expect so much. Life is too short for those kind of expectations.

Querida said...

I blame it on the hormones right along with you. They can really catch you unawares sometimes, and combine them with lack of adequate sleep, and it's perfect storm conditions for crying for no good reason. ::hugs::

sarah jo said...

I cry all the time - mostly illogically - and often without a good reason like birthing or caring for babies! :)

I like that quote. Sometimes life can get complicated and to just be simple is sort of freeing.

p.s. LOVE the harley outfit :)

Rachel said...

I love you and I love your beautiful girls and I hope that the chemicals in your brain have been nice to you this week.