Saturday, February 20, 2010

A Fabulous Night

Last night we celebrated dropped Camille off for a fun over-night with Grandma and headed to Austin to celebrate Christmas!!! Matt and I, both without knowing it before hand, decided to give each other experiences for Christmas, and it was lovely. I got him a trigger point/myofascial release massage to help with the chronic knee pain that has been standing in the way of his weight lifting, and he got me tickets to Cirque du Soleil!

When we lived in Nevada, and were relatively close at hand to several permanent Cirque du Soleil shows in Vegas, I was constantly trying to figure out a way that we could have that experience. As we were moving to Texas, I told Matt that seeing one of their shows was on my life to-do list, which was just becoming exponentially harder seeing as Temple, Texas is not known for it's big-name shows. I doubt that Matt remembered that exact conversation, but he knew that I would love tickets, and fate smiled on him and whispered in his ear that the show was coming to Austin in time to buy tickets for my Christmas gift.

People, it was beyond fabulous. I am not even going to try to paint the acrobatic acts we saw into words. I think it will suffice to say that it exceeded my expectations, and how often do you get to say that? Here is a video of Alegria:





After the show we continued our night by going to Estancia Churrascaria, a Brazilian steakhouse.


If you have never had the experience of a Brazilian steakhouse, I would highly recommend finding one for your next special occasion. It was so wonderful to have the night to ourselves, to reconnect and spend time doing something completely for enjoyment, without having to think about all the stress of say, moving, or having a second child.


4 comments:

Sherry Caffey said...

Paw and Grandma had an equally fun time. Bath time and wrestling for her "sugar" which she never shares was lots of fun. Seeing how she wakes up with tons of energy is also fun. She is just getting to be more and more fun.I am glad that you live close enough for me to experience the over night routine.

Williams Family said...

I am glad that you and Matt were able to get out and have some fun! It is important to reconnect. Once you have children it is so easy just to let life live itself and you can forget how much fun your husband or wife can be.

tamie marie said...

Two thumbs way up! I'm so happy for you. You and Matt both sound like wonderful gift-givers, and just such good partners to each other. And Cirque is something I've wanted to see for a long, long time. I hope it can happen sometime! I'm so glad you got to go!!!

Rachel said...

Wow....I am so jealous!