Saturday, February 27, 2010

Out of Pocket

I have been trying really hard to keep my once a week blogging pledge, but for the next couple of weeks I will be taking a break because....drum roll please....WE MOVED!!! After four months of painstaking work we are finally living in our house! I am so excited, but also completely overwhelmed by the amount of work I have to do in order to get things put away. I have to say that this is the first time we have moved, out of seven moves, where we had a church family to lend a hand, and it was AWESOME. We (five guys from church, Matt, my parents, the pastor's wife, my cousin and her daughter) got everything packed up and then unpacked in less than three hours. It brings tears to my eyes to think about how much help everyone was, and how happy they were to come and toil so that we could make this happen. That, people, is what church community is all about. Not only did they help, but I have a house-warming apple pie and banana bread in my kitchen. Of course we also had wonderful help from my real (as in non-church) family, too, and that was also greatly appreciated.

So, hopefully I can get some pictures up soon. I will not even have Internet service at the new address until Tuesday, so we will see what happens.

3 comments:

Kim said...

Yeah! I hope we get to see the new place next month. I'm so happy for you guys. :)

Rachel said...

I'm so excited for you guys :)

Querida said...

Looking forward to pictures...